How to Register for a Grant or Fellowship
NOTE: Remember, registering for a grant IS NOT applying for a grant.
Registration helps you and the office processing your application materials. It
can be done online anytime before a deadline.
1. Perform a search by name or eligibility of grants/fellowships/internships. If
you need help performing a search, this page
will help you get started.
Add Items to "My Interests"
2. When you have found the grant/fellowship for which you wish to register, click
one of the following:
- "Add to My Interests" -- This will add the item to your interest cart for later viewing and registration.
This is useful if you want to keep browsing other grants/fellowships during this
- "Register" -- This will add the grant/fellowship to your interest cart and take you to your
interest cart. This is useful if you want to register for a particular grant
3. Once in your interest cart, click the "Register!" link next to the appropriate
4. If you have never registered before, you will need to fill out your profile.
This will help automate the registration process for future grant/fellowship
registrations. If you previously completed a profile, you can skip below to
5. When prompted to "Edit Profile", please include all information as
requested. This will aid in processing your application materials.
"Yale address" -- This is your local, Yale-based address
"Permanent address" -- This is your address away from Yale,
whether domestic or international
NOTE: If you have not yet declared a major, select "Yale College Undeclared" for
"Major program or school" and "Undeclared" for "Department or degree program"
6. When finished, click the "Save Changes" button. If a required field is not
filled out, a small dialog box will alert you to which field must be completed.
7. Now that you have completed your profile, it will be used for your next
grant/fellowship registration. If you need to alter your profile, you can click
the "edit profile" link in the Profile box found in the next section.
8. Once you have saved your changes, you will advance to the next page, "Prepare
9. Fill in all boxes, including "Countries Selected", to the best of your
abilities. If you do not know how you want to fill in the field, or the field
does not apply to the particular grant, type "NA" or "Not Applicable".
10. You can now perform one of two actions:
- "Complete Registration" -- This will complete your registration, alerting the office that you have serious
intent to apply for the grant/fellowship. If a required field is not filled out,
a small dialog box will alert you to which field must be completed.
- "Save Changes" -- This will save whatever you have typed into the fields. This is useful if you
need some more time to research or clarify any information before completing
11. Registration complete! Click the "Print Registration Cover" button and submit
this printed page with your application.
Follow the directions on the screen to continue forward with your
application. You have successfully registered for your grant on the Student
Grants and Fellowships database.
NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT A REGISTRATION COVER SHEET IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE.
If the program administering the fellowship for which you are applying accepts online applications, clicking
"Complete Registration" will take you to the upload site through which you can upload your application
materials. You may visit the upload site at any time prior to the submission deadline from your "My Interests"
page by clicking the appropriate "Status/Upload Material" link.